Other Monthly Reviews
When looking back at the month of September, in isolation whilst most of the metrics are positive and the incremental changes are small, it is important to note that the month-on-month change needs to be put in context of a bumper August month. As will be discussed in the Posting Activity section, September posting has not been as consistent as August. Nonetheless, the fact that September has improved slightly on August in terms of both views and visitors is a great outcome for consistency and stability. The same overall conclusion and insight from the month of August remains the same:
Whilst the main two metrics on visitors and visits is relatively stable, the views/visitor and average views/day show a three-month-average improvement.
When analysing the data, a number of observations are possible:
- September outperforms August with the better views record, becoming the new #2 month in terms of monthly views; January remains the comfortable 2016 record with 1205.
- The gap in terms of accumulated visitors for 2016 versus 2015 is narrowing, with the August gap being ~600 whereas a month later now, that gap is reduced to ~400.
- The month of September marks the crossover in accumulated views for the year where 2016 now exceeds 8000 annually, surpassing the 7858 views that 2015 had accumulated
- Whilst comparing the monthly cumulative trend, the 2015 to 2016 gap was ~350 views in favour of 2015.
- Interestingly the 2015 trend was one of slowing growth in the later half of the year, whereas the current 2016 trend is accelerating (best case) or constant (taking a more moderate view).
- For 2016, most months have been recording record growth, which is highly encouraging overall for the future.
The 12 monthly records are thus:
|Month||Visitor Year||View Year|
|January||2015 (896)||2016 (1206)|
|February||2015 (717)||2015 (1231)|
|March||2015 (713)||2015 (1001)|
|April||2015 (527)||2015 (715)|
|May||2016 (484)||2016 (952)|
|June||2015 (725)||2015 (1266)|
|July||2016 (652)||2016 (1017)|
|August||2016 (580)||2016 (1021)|
|September||2016 (592)||2016 (1040)|
|October||2014 (1505)||2014 (1829)|
|November||2014 (1378)||2014 (1748)|
|December||2014 (813)||2014 (1026)|
Whilst September has not seen my fulfilment or work towards completing the existing writing projects, yet another new project was initiated in the Lifeline: Whiteout game walkthrough/series. This new project was birthed from my playing the game and completing it without the assistance of any tips or walkthrough.
Without adding to the pressures of incomplete writing/work, the list for 2016 completion remains
- Family Christmas Cruise (December 2015)
- My Identity In Christ
- Exercising Faith
- 40 Days of Community
- Social Media
September has been moderately busy with a variety of events relating to family, friends, church and work. The month ended on a busy note with a public holiday, filled with a visit to Pie in the Sky, Mt Dandenong, and then hosting a night of hot-pot/steam-boat with games.